What is airsoft

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Airsoft - Toys?


Airsoft....Toys?

I recently wished to sell an Airsoft gun on a local on-line classifieds page. (an extra one I had on hand) I detailed the description, threw in a picture and shortly after submitting..To my surprise, My ad was flagged, refused and rejected.

I immediately went to the forum to ask why? (It seems his classified allows its viewers to flag and remove YOUR products.)

I was told, "It's a gun."

I replied  "It is a Toy!  My ad specifically said "Airsoft". Which means it uses Airsoft PLASTIC BB's. No bullets, No pellets, hence the word "Air Soft". " The same person tells me " It looks like a gun."

I'm dumbfounded!! Yes! Indeed it does. It is Suppose to!

Am I the only one in this world, that played with brothers who had Metal shiny Fake "pop" guns as a child? You know..the ones "without" the Bright orange tips and looking, very realistic?

We played cop's and robbers. You were the good guy..if you were able to play the cop! We would spend hours on end running around the neighborhood, hiding in bushes and behind trees...yelling stop or I'll shoot! Those were the BEST days! A guarded memory of a wonderful stable childhood.

Yes, Our society today has become a little different since "way back when". Our children now spend numerous hours on end sitting in one spot playing on computers, Home video games, which has been proven (in over exposure) to cause behavioral problems & obesity from the lack of exercise. But has anyone looked at what they are playing? A good majority of the time, its games of killing ..for others (play) money and prizes. (it isn't just pong anymore people!) Tell me what this "play" is teaching our children?

Airsoft comes into play, as the modern day, cops and robbers or the primal "hunting" game. Which Nobody gets "hurt". (yes if it hits you in the eye..it can hurt...but anything that hits you in the eye..will!)

Exercise with this gaming is defiantly a plus in today's "fast food" & convenience slammed world. Along with teaching our children to get along, share & "play right". Which, in my opinion are well needed skills for Adulthood. Airsoft is not being used to "rob" people, To cheat people etc. It is simply a game of modern day "cops and robbers." Or our primitive instinct of Hunting.

Being flagged and removed, made me wonder. Wonder how the slingshot (which can be more powerful than any airsoft gun), the bow and Arrow, or violent Video game offered for sale.. did not receive a flag or removal?. It made me wonder just what people in this day and age think is harmful to our children.

I have children (7 to be exact - teenage and older) Yes we have 2 video consoles in my home and 3 computers! I do not buy my children "real" guns, violent video games, etc. I do not allow my children to "hang" on the computer or video console. Computers are for homework, and an hour of fun (limited)..with parental controls. Video gaming is a timed "treat" for them to play when chores are finished, homework is done, and they "deserve." it. I am not "downing" video gaming, computers or any of today's technology. I am however wondering what has become of healthy everyday "PLAY". in our world. And why people would consider an Airsoft gun anything other than.. a Toy?




I am the "S" in A&S Direct website : http://www.AandSdirect.net We sell General Merchandise at Very reasonable prices. Our business is centered around our "customers" The average Jane or Joe. We are consumers as well and are dedicated in bringing our customers the Very Best in personal customer care and High Quality products. Be sure to check us out anytime. We are here for YOU.

Airsoft Supplies can be purchased at our sister site [http://www.AirsoftFIRE.com]





This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

No comments: